Thursday, May 28, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to The Zona Plus Experiment.  

Here is a quick overview of what this blog is about. I am currently a college student who is one more doctor’s visit away from being put on medication for high blood pressure. From family experience I know that once I start on medication, the odds are that I will take them for the rest of my life. I want to avoid that at all costs.  

After doing some research, I found that there are very few alternatives, other than the typical "reduce salt intake" and "make sure to exercise" types of advice. I already exercise daily and try to watch what I eat, so what else could I do? I wasn't sure.  

Then as I was thumbing through a catalog few weeks ago I saw an ad for the Zona Plus. I had actually seen that same ad in the past, but hadn't given it too much thought. This time though, I had recently visited the doctor, so finding ways to reduce blood pressure was on my mind.  

After reading the ad, I was a bit skeptical. I mean... could squeezing a device for 12 minutes 5 times a week really lower my blood pressure? After searching online I found a few reviews, most were positive, but some were not. The device claims to have over a 90% success rate, so perhaps some of those reviews were from the other <10%. Despite that fact it still has a better success rate than the Resperate, which is another device that claims to lower blood pressure.  

After spending a while searching, I found that there was really a lack of information on this device, especially user reviews. I think at this point in time, with a wealth of information at our fingertips known as the internet, many people rely on user reviews. I then decided to create a blog which tracks my progress from start to finish using the Zona Plus. I hope that perhaps it can serve as a source of information to others out there who are thinking about trying it out.  

I will be posting comments as well as my daily blood pressure on here so all can see my progress. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions.  

1 comment:

  1. I havwe to be very suspicious of any "comment" that sends photos of the product and lauding fast delivery. My guess is that just like all health marketers,nearly every "comment" is produced by the promoter. I would like to think that the product works, but won't be buying it yet. Interesting that while I was in Florida last Xmas, I bought the blood pressure monitor in a tool supply chain store for $8. If Zona claim a retail price of $129, how inflated is their Zona Plus! Geoffrey Fulton, Australia.

    ReplyDelete